Complete tutorial about flashing and restoring any model of Samsung galaxy S5 or any Samsung galaxy device to stock firmware.
This guide will make you able to upgrade or downgrade (Limited) your galaxy S5 to any firmware version by using Odin3.
- Stock ROM for the model number of your device
- Odin3 tool.
- Samsung Kies or Samsung mobile driver.
- Charged rooted or non rooted Samsung galaxy S5.
- USB cable and Windows PC
Before starting :
- Backup your important data before flashing, in case of this process corrupt your data. [important in downgrading]
- Download stock ROM file (make sure you download the right FW for your phone’s model number) from SamMobile or Samsung-Updates and unzip it only one time (the extracted firmware file has *.tar.md5 extension).
- Download and install Samsung Kies or Samsung mobile driver (Link below)
- Download Odin3 tool and unzip it (Link below)
- Close Samsung Kies and disconnect any device connected to USB ports of your computer.
- Run “Odin3” as administrator.
- Click on PDA button (AP if you are using Odin3 v3.09) and navigate to the *.tar or *.tar.md5 firmware file (it will take a few second to check firmware file, if you are using Odin3 v3.09).
– If the Zip file contains more than one *.tar file then they will be labeled with PDA, Phone and CSC. Put them in the corresponding section of Odin3
- Shut down your device and make sure it’s completely off.
- Put your device into download mode by pressing and holding (Volume Down + Home + Power) buttons then Press Volume up to continue.
- Connect your galaxy S5 to PC using USB cable and wait until you get a sign in Odin (ID:COM section) and “Added” in message box.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT MARKED[very important]
- Click Start and wait a few minutes until you see “RESET” or “PASS!”.
- If your device stuck in bootloop, factory reset it from recovery mode.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable or turn your device off while flashing process.
- Install Samsung Mobile Driver or Samsung Kies if you don’t see a sign in Odin (Step 6).
- I am not responsible if something wrong happened to your device (use this AT YOUR OWN RISK).
- This process won’t take more than 10 minutes.
- Flashing firmwares which contains more than one *.tar.md5 file will wipe all data on internal storage.
- Flashing official/stock firmware won’t increase the binary flash nor KNOX WARRANTY VOID counter and won’t cancel the device’s warranty.