This is one of the well known Root method for ALL android devices
In this guide we will show you how to flash/install ClockWorkMod recovery to root ANY Samsung galaxy S3, S4 and Note 2 (International, LTE, Cricket, T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular, Metro, … ) which are running on Android 4.0.4, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.2.2 and 4.3 jelly bean.
We will use CWM recovery to push root files to system, all what you need is to read this article carefully and follow all the steps.
ClockWorkMod recovery file
Charged Samsung galaxy Device
Download and Install Samsung Kies or Smanung mobile USB driver (Skip it if you already have Kies on your PC).
Download and Extract the correct ClockWorkMod recovery file for the model of your device
Download and Extract Odin3
Download Root files
Disconnect all devices which are connected to USB Ports
Stop your antivirus and Kies software
Send UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip to any folder on the internal storage ex:Download
Run Odin3 as administrator
Click on PDA (or AP if you are using Odin3 v3.09) and navigate to the extracted recovery.tar file
Make sure that re-partition is not selected and reboot too
Put your device in download mode
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable and wait until you see a sign in ID:COM and Added in Odin3
- Click Start and wait few seconds
- After Odin3 display PASS or RESET, unplug USB cable
- Put your device in recovery mode
- Choose install zip > choose zip from /sdcard > 0 / > the folder which contains root file (in my case : Download/) > UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip > Yes.
- Wait few seconds
- Choose Go Back > reboot system now
- Open SuperSU app and disable KNOX.
- This process won’t delete any data, but backup your important data just in case this process corrupt your files.
- Flashing custom recovery will void the warranty of your device.
- Do not disconnect the cable or turn off the device while flashing recovery file.
- I am not responsible if something happened to your device (use this AT YOUR OWN RISK).
- Some devices have a locked bootloader, unlock it first before flashing the recovery file (ex : Verizon, AT&T).
- I have just converted “*.img” files from clockworkmod website to “*.tar” file which can be flashed by Odin3 (You can convert it by following this easy TUT : How to Convert *.img to *.tar.md5)
- Credits : Chainfire website > root files and CWM team website > CWM recovery files.
- Odin3 v3.04 HERE, v3.07 HERE, v3.09 HERE
- Latest Samsung Mobile Driver HERE
- Latest Samsung Kies HERE
- Latest Samsung Kies 3 HERE
- UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip HERE
Touch ClockWorkMod for Samsung galaxy S3 SIII
- SGS3 (AT&T) Ver 188.8.131.52
- SGS3 (Cricket) Ver 184.108.40.206
- SGS3 (Metro) Ver 220.127.116.11
- SGS3 (Sprint) Ver 18.104.22.168
- SGS3 (T-Mobile) Ver 22.214.171.124
- SGS3 (US Cellular) Ver 126.96.36.199
- SGS3 (Verizon) Ver 188.8.131.52
- SGS3 LTE (GT-I9305) Ver 184.108.40.206
- SGS3 (GT-I9300) Ver 220.127.116.11
Touch ClockWorkMod for Samsung galaxy S4 SIV
- SGS4 (AT&T) Ver 18.104.22.168
- SGS4 (Cricket) Ver 22.214.171.124
- SGS4 (Canada/Bell) Ver 126.96.36.199
- SGS4 (Sprint) Ver 188.8.131.52
- SGS4 (T-Mobile) Ver 184.108.40.206
- SGS4 (US Cellular) Ver 220.127.116.11
- SGS4 (Verizon) Ver 18.104.22.168
- SGS4 LTE (GT-I9505) Ver 22.214.171.124
- SGS4 (GT-I9500) Ver 126.96.36.199
- SGS4 (C Spire) Ver 188.8.131.52
Touch ClockWorkMod for Samsung galaxy Note 2 NII