Rooting your Nexus 5 phone by CF-Auto-Root method is the quickest and easiest way for gaining full root permissions on the device.
CF-Auto-Root does not include a custom kernel, it will keep your nexus 5 as close to stock as possible with root access.
- Google nexus 5
- Extracted CF-Auto-Root file.
- Installed Google USB driver.
- Windows PC.
- Backup all data before starting rooting process, it will wipe all your data.
- Turn off your nexus 5 and put it into fastboot mode (power + vol down) buttons.
- Double click “root-windows.bat” for windows and press any key on your computer’s keyboard to continue.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable (wait until your PC detect it).
- Press vol up to choose “unlock bootloader”, then power button to confirm.
- Your nexus 5 will erase the data, then reboot into a screen which display a red Android logo.
- Wait a few minutes until your device finish configuration.
- You will see SuperSU app in your device app drawer
- This process will void your device’s warranty
- CF-Auto-Root method will unlock bootloader, install SuperSU and binary, NO custom recovery.
- Use it at your own risk
- Credit goes to “chainfire” cf-auto-root developer, main thread.
How to install USB driver for Nexus phones …
– Download and unzip the downloaded driver file “latest_usb_driver_windows.zip”.
– Connect your nexus to PC
– Right click on my computer and choose “Manage”
– Click on “Device Manager” and you should see your device name, right click on it and choose “Update Driver Software…”
– Browse your computer for the extracted folder “usb_driver”.