Here is the first rooting method for the brand new Samsung galaxy Note 3.
After the Note3 became available in the markets, “Chenglu” xda’s developer has made a custom recoveries based on CWM recovery for N900, N900S, N9005, N9006 and N900T which allows you to flash the root files and have root access on your device.
Before starting :
- BACKUP all your important data just in case of this process corrupt your files
- Download the correct recovery file for your device (Link below).
- Download and install Samsung mobile driver (Link below).
- Download “UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip” file (Link below) and transfer it to the internal storage of your device.
- Download Odin3 (Link below).
- Close Kies and disable your antivirus software
1- Run “Odin3” as administrator
2- Click on PDA button and browse to *.tar recovery file
3- Shut down your device and Put it into Download Mode (Volume Down + Home + Power) then Volume up to continue.
4- Connect the device to your computer by USB cable and wait until you get a sign in Odin (ID:COM section) and “Added” in message box.
5- Make sure re-partition is NOT SELECTED [Very important]
2- Select “install zip” then Navigate to “UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip” file which transfered to the internal storage
3- After it finish Select “Reboot system now”
You have root access NOW.
- This process will void the warranty of your device and set Current Binary to custom and Knox warranty void to 0x1.
- I am not responsible if something wrong happened to your device (use this AT YOUR OWN RISK)
- This stuff is made for Samsung galaxy Note 3 devices N900, N900S(SK Telecom), N900T(T-Mobile), N9005 and N9006(China)
- Don’t run restore backup, it will cause bootloop.
Turn off Reactivation Lock (Settings/General/security).
- All credits go to “Chenglu“, check his thread in xda
- It won’t work if your device has lock bootloader
- Odin3_v3.04 HERE, v3.07 HERE, v3.09 HERE
- Samsung Mobile Driver HERE
- Latest Samsung Kies HERE
- “UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip” HERE Made by chainfire
CMW recovery :