The most delicious way to practice macro photography is to buy a macro lens. Macro lens is a lens that is specifically designed to shoot from close range. Although in many previous articles we have discussed how to use the extension tube, reverse ring or close-up filter on the kit lens and 50mm lens to obtain cheap macro lens, macro lens is specifically the most practical way, easy and quality is not cheap though. After all, if you do not want to buy new lenses we can buy it in used condition
Compared advantage Macro Lens Extension Tube / Reverse Ring
There are several advantages using special macro lens than the kit lens must outsmart / 50mm lens. Among them are:
- Since the start of the macro lens is designed to be used within super close. This means that in terms of optics and mechanics are all optimized for photographing wear super close.
- The second advantage is that most of the macro lens provides magnification of 1:1 reproduction. It means we can get close to your subject very close range instead of the extension tube / reverse ring / close up filters.
- Choose a prime or zoom? The majority of the market is a macro lens prime lens. There are some macro zoom lens from Sigma but the quality will be less than the prime macro lens.
- Focal length. The longer the focal length of a macro lens, then the better for photographing living things such as insects or butterflies. Because of the longer focal length lens, the more easily we take pictures from a little distance away so that the insect was not running scared. But the macro lens that allows us short depth of field in the aperture any wider.
- Internal Focusing. Expensive macro lens usually has an internal focusing mechanism in which the leading edge of the lens does not rotate during autofocus chorus. The advantage of this feature is not frighten insects with the front end of the round lens.
- Image stabilizer. IS or VR helps us sharper shooting from close range when the object in the form of inanimate objects. Of these features make the price of a more expensive lens. Note the lens specifications, if there is an inscription IS (canon), VR (Nikon), VC (Tamron) or OSM (Sigma), then the lens stabliser feature.